Li Lu was born in Suzhou, China and her family moved to the United States when she was five. Daughter of physicists, Li discovered her passion in the arts - first through ballet, and then through the visual mediums of photography and film. Her family bounced around from Philadelphia, PA to Eugene, OR and finally settled in Sugar Land, TX. She is the proud granddaughter of Russian language professors, and great-granddaughter of farmers in the Su Bei region.
Li received her BA from the University of Southern California’s School of Cinema - TV, graduating cum laude. Her films have played festivals around the world such as New York’s Anthology Film Archives, Hong Kong Film Festival, and indieVIXENS at SXSW. Her music videos have shown on Nickelodeon, and MTV. Besides film, Li creates installation art, writes fiction, and takes photos. Her favorite writers are William Faulkner, Flannery O'Connor, and Anaïs Nin. She loves Siberian huskies.
Some dream under their covers. I dream with my eyes open, my mind awake, my palms tender. I'm interested in what make us human, for in myself is piece of everyone, and in everyone is a piece of me.
Li Lu is an LA based writer/director. For all inquires, please email:
- FILM GROUNDBREAKER at HATCHfest 2012. One of three filmmakers highlighted for short film "Children of the Air."
- "Autumn" Short Film. Exhibited at Anthology Film Archives, New Filmmakers Screening Series NY/LA, LA Asian Pacific Film Festival.
- Featured Filmmaker on Culture Unplugged's "We Speak, Here." Exhibited numerous works for the global festival.
- "Crash A Party"Music Video. 1 Million Plus views on YouTube. "When I'm 18" Music Video. International airplay in SE Asia and USA.
- Tour Visuals for Benoît Pioulard. Featured on European/Australian Tours 2012.
- "In/Out" Video Installation. Exhibited at the Fisher Gallery.
- Credits on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2813284/
|FULL 1st AD/PRODUCER CREDITS||64.22 KB|